News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

Okay... just an eagle but it's one of my two nicest... wasn't sure but assuming it's Heer. The other is "I think" a navy so going to post that over yonder.

IPB Image

IPB Image

On the back, on the left wing as you see it in that position, it is marked M1 and either a / 72 or 172... looks like 172 but the 1 is slanted. And the M1 and the other are separated a bit and on different levels.

On the other wing is RZM in a circle... RZ and then M beneath.

Thanks for looking, :cheers:

Dan

Guest Rick Research

SA again-- they wore gold or silver depending on units' button colors and so on. Was there another NS organization that wore this silver colored one?

All I can find to now is this write up on the "Collectors Guild"

...Its head faces to its left, as was the practice after the spring of 1937, and although almost none of its finish has been retained, there appears to be traces of Silver to it, which would establish it as a political eagle utilized prior to the spring of 1939...

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Political/photos/N28654.html

Hi guys,

Wow! :jumping::jumping: Okay... now I'm feeling woozy! :P I simply had no idea. I probably picked them up XX years ago... hey, had to at least write it differently :rolleyes: for like a couple of bucks each or so.

So same question stands... can/will/should admin move both of these to their appropriate sections or do I need to repost them?

Also, I see the price quoted on the one you linked me to... with mine having a good bit of the silver present any idea on price? Same on the other one... which I would assume to be stone cold mint... price?

Again nothing I'm holding anyone to the wall on... it's just I've literally been out of the loop since the mid to late 80's as far as pricing and such. So I literally have no idea short of the one on that link.

Many thanks! :cheers:

Dan

• 3 months later...

Thanks Dan, your SA eagle has found a new home in my ever improving collection. Nice patina on the back for sure. If you want I can post new scans to do them justice, let me know.

Cheers,

Pat