News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

Okay... gonna squeeze in at least one more tonight and then I think I'm gonna call it quits. :sleep: Been a long day... week, month, year, decade... well you get the idea.

I'm not even going to say how long ago I got this cause ya'll already know so what's the point! :rolleyes::lol:

It's the type with no motto. Nothing fancy. But I got it because of the hanger and such. Looks like leather, has the marbeling but it's not leather. It's pressed paper! I was amazed when I first saw it and still am to this day. Even after this many years it has held up and would probably still wear just as well as the day it was made. It's amazing what desperation can do.

Needless to say, it's just a good piece that's been there, done that and lived to tell the tale.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

And yes, that looks like an old tack to me too... but it was on there when I got it... no idea why... and I've left it alone.

IPB Image

IPB Image

My son really loves this piece so it's one that's definitely getting passed down. He's got good taste... no idea where he gets it from though. :rolleyes:

Thanks for checking her out. The old girl is still looking good if you ask me! Although I did notice a tiny bit of surface rust starting on the blade so guess it's maintenance time again. :rolleyes::blush:

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Nice dagger, it's amazing how good condition the handle and insignia are in after all these years. My Heer dress bayonet that I still have to post looks far more "weathered" than your fine example.

Pat

Nice dagger, it's amazing how good condition the handle and insignia are in after all these years. My Heer dress bayonet that I still have to post looks far more "weathered" than your fine example.

Pat

Hi Pat,

Many thanks! :cheers: I've had it a long time and really love it... especially with the ersatz leather on the belt loop, etc. :love:

And sounds like your bayo has just been there and done that. If you check out my post called "A Tribute":

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=7472

you'll see my dress bayo that sounds alot like your's might be. I believe it saw combat.

Also, I just saw your post on the anniversary medals so I'm hoping to help you out a bit on that one.

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Hi Dan,

Nice worn dagger!

I have a question...

These HJ daggers...the early ones had the Inscription on the blade and the makers mark too

the second pattern had a RZM makers mark and no Inscription...

Has ayone ever come across one with RZM marks on the stepped up top part of the blade AND the 'Blut en Ehre' ( dunno if i got that right) inscription? both ???

as one has showed up down my way...and i am always dubious about deviated from the norm, items....

Here is a pic...not a good one ...but you can see the RZM mark and just see the Inscription....

thanks

Paul

Edited by notned

Has ayone ever come across one with RZM marks on the stepped up top part of the blade AND the 'Blut en Ehre' ( dunno if i got that right) inscription? both ???

Hi Paul,

First off, thanks for the compliment on my HJ. I'll pass it along to her when I'm next down in the bunker.

Not sure on the marks... but the inscription is: "Blut Und Ehre"... Blood and Honor.

Hope that helps. :cheers:

Dan