News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A return to old habits?

TacHel

I've always tried to remain as neutral as possible in my descriptions and/or opinions on current Russian awards, but I must admit this one completely caught me off guard!  It's very nature seems like a throw back to the Soviet Era.  or is it just me?

1828498159_MedalForAchievementsinMilitary-PoliticalWork.jpg.aa7613c80770d13307cb9e30d2ead0c3.jpg

Medal "For Achievements in Military-Political Work", established on 23 November 2018 by Ministerial order 675.

Awarded to military and civilian personnel of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, who have served (worked) in Military-Political organs of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (bodies who work with personnel of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, bodies of educational work of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation) for at least 10 years; for reasonable initiative, diligence and distinction in service; for impeccable and efficient civil service; for conscientious performance of duties; for the exemplary organization of military-political work; for maintaining a constant high level of moral; to other citizens of the Russian Federation for providing assistance in solving problems faced by the Military-Political organs of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation.

On 28/07/2019 at 15:13, Egorka said:

If you hold a torch of knowledge, let others light their candles from it...

You can find the torch of knowledge on this medal. 

?

And what about the "back scratcher" crossing it? ?

On 01/08/2019 at 21:18, TacHel said:

And what about the "back scratcher" crossing it? ?

That is to punish the ones who aren't wishing to open their eyes to the light from the torch of knowledge. ?

19 hours ago, Egorka said:

That is to punish the ones who aren't wishing to open their eyes to the light from the torch of knowledge. ?

Which brings us back to the title of this thread...  Full circle...

• 1 year later...

Oh, I beg you, why be surprised...

Russia is a republic with a monarchical coat of arms, a secular state with official religious holidays, equality of all faiths and state awards named after Orthodox saints.

As they say in Russia - "ing horse-drawn circus".

And you don't have to wean yourself from the Soviet one, it will still come back ))) For dialectics! :)