News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My British Collection

Here's a picture of my entire British collection.

Left to right: MBE (Military Division), Victoria Cross, George Cross, Distinguished Service Order, Distinguished Service Cross and the Military Cross.

Enjoy and if you want clearer pictures please let me know.

Collection.jpg

• 3 months later...

Mitrich,

I've only been collecting medals since March this year and I'm not related to anyone on the Forbes list of richest people in the world so I have to be picky about what I buy. I know for some (or even most collectors on here) the thrill of collecting is getting an original medal and researching the history behind it and it's original owner but in my case it's more a case of seeing a medal I like (such as the DSO in the picture) and getting one for my collection. I have a total of nearly 100 medals but only 10 South African Defense Force medals have serial numbers which are therefor original.

QSAMike, 

I only realized that afterwards. I have medals from the US, UK and South Africa and as I said above I'm new to collecting so I'm learning while I browse and buy and having information (especially South African) that's sometimes unreliable or downright conflicting regarding orders of precedence sometimes feels like I'm treading on potential landmines. Luckily most of the experienced collectors like you are willing to help out a new guy like me.

After that picture was posted I also bought copies of all 9 the UK World War II campaign medals so things are coming along nicely. I know it was impossible for a soldier actually involved in World War II to have earned all 9 medals but it's nice to have the full set.

• 4 weeks later...
    2 hours ago, Wessel Gordon said:

Mitrich,

Here's an updated photo of my British collection - with two originals, lol.

IMG_20191220_130521.jpg

Sorry to say but the ribbons on the 1939/45 Star, Africa Star, Pacific Star are on the medals backwards.....    Mike

QSAMike

There's no need apologize for correcting me. I'm at fault for not double-checking that the ribbons were the right way around when i received them and simply assuming the seller would have made sure to attach them correctly. And we all know assumptions are the mother of all foul-ups.

Edited by Wessel Gordon