News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bund Bayerischer Pionier und Verkehrstruppen Vereine

I don't think we have a thread that covers this obscure society, so i'm starting one now. not very much information seems to be readily available, which is a bit odd considering all of services they represented. engineers, railway troops, cyclists, radio and telegraphists, signal corps, airships, airplanes, even the pigeon troops.... and i've probably left out a few others!

the union began in 1904 and lasted until 1936; what i find strange is that items such as flags, uniforms, or documents are so seldom found to the point of being non-existent. the medals and pins i'm showing below are of nicer quality from deschler and poellath. the top cross is by m. heimloth and is  800 silver marked. the crosses are large--while probably falling on the higher end of the price spectrum for these self purchased "vanity awards", this veteran's organization is often incorrectly referred to as a reservistenverein or as a weltkriegsteilnehmer bund by today's militaria dealers.

if anyone has any further info or corrections to the above, please post!

20190811_113215.thumb.jpg.ab39a0548e5ea49dfbf910a860b7979d.jpg136023954_20190811_113242(1).thumb.jpg.4903df8077ca6783a0e7dc9efdf2ce69.jpg

Edited by Eric Stahlhut

Thank you for this posting.
    In a legacy of a Bavarian bravery medalist was also a cross of this club. The soldier was at a Pioneer unit. What is the difference between he silver cross and the blue enameled cross?

F_A_TM (1).JPG

F_A_TM (2).JPG

F_A_TM (3).JPG

F_A.JPG

Edited by spolei

wow, what a nice grouping! it's interesting to note the absence of an ek1 considering what he got from bavaria

i've seen a few crosses like his;  in the past i've always entertained the slight possibility that the non-enameled version of the cross in question could have been the same grade but with the enamel removed by the owner, but you have a photo of the non-enameled cross in wear!  which establishes the fact that there were at least two classes of the cross in question.

excellent!

p.s. is there a date on the reverse of the photo? sometime between 1934-36 perhaps?

Edited by Eric Stahlhut