News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

USMC Binoculars

Hauptmann

Hi all,

I'd needed a new set of binocs for quite some time and wanted something built to last. Also wanted something that fit in with my militaria collection. My dream binocs would be a set of the huge Japanese ship binocs, an "Afrika Korps" set, a Kreigsmarine set and a good pair of U.S. Navy binocs... ideally that were issued and used on the U.S.S. Lexington during her years as a training carrier. I took a cruise on her and absolutely fell in love. Got to use a set as a lookout as part of our training on that cruise... oh the temptation to "walk away with them" was soooooo strong! :blush: But I don't do those things. :rolleyes:

Well, on our trip October before last to buy out house here in ND, Kim and I then went out to California to visit with my mom. While in Oakland we visited an out of the way, hard to find militaria shop and found this pair of USMC binocs complete with recticle. And they are in perfect working condition... in fact we used them quite often on the rest of our trip and have continued to do so since. I've even taken beautiful photos through them. :D And all for the Princely sum of $50! :D:jumping::jumping:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Only things that seem to be missing are:

The covers for the big lenses.

The case.

And a small screw in "medallion" marked USMC that goes into the screw hole you'll see in the following photos in the center portion of the binocs.

IPB Image

IPB Image

If, my chance, anyone knows where I might by chance find or obtain any or all of these items for a modest sum, :rolleyes: please let me know as I'd love to complete them at some point. :jumping::jumping:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Also if anyone has any info on these... or could tell me the military designation of these... the types of units they would have been issued to... basically anything at all I'd love to hear from you.

And I guess another accessory I'd love to get for these is any original paperwork, like a manual, although I'm not even sure that would be possible at this point.

Thanks for looking. :cheers:

Dan