News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Chinese Badge

Gensui

Gents, 

A friend asked me for my support for attached badge. 

Although I can read Japanese characters, I'm suffering in identifying this inscription. Based on my limited knowledge, I would assume that this badge could be kind of Sympathy Badge with respect to the Kuomintang (judging the design of the middle star).

Could it be in relation to the Chinese Huangpu Military Academy / some Hongkong Association?

I’d appreciate any feedback, which might help identify this badge.

Thanks and br,

Chris

chin. Badge_front.JPG

chin. Badge_back.JPG

The top line is hard to read, but the bottom is 香港國民同樂會

Google translate gives "Hong Kong National Music Club."

It is probably a defunct organization as search engines don't give any results.

Middle shows the blue sky and white sun surrounded by plum flowers. Probably 1940s-50s badge. Could be newer or older.

Thanks a lot anyhow! 

Could it be 亲爱精诚", as another member guessed? School motto of the famous Huangpu Military Academy in China?

But the combination (HK music club) and any Military Academy doesn't make sense...

BR, Chris

Edited by Gensui

Traditional characters for reference to compare to the badge: 親愛精誠 (on the badge is read right to left).

Yeah it looks like it. I am guessing the members are associated with the military academy probably. Or they fled from the communists in 1949 and established themselves as a music club instead.

Is the badge nickel plated? or some type of silver colored metal finish?

I have seen more post war badges with nickel plating than pre-1945 badges. Nickel was probably a war material that was hard to get  in China and probably wasn't a good idea to embellish badges.

Anyways, if it is HK during WWII, it was occupied by the Japanese and I doubt there would be any sun/KMT symbols being used at that time.

• 10 months later...
    • 1 year later...