News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WW1 Imperial German Black Wound Badge

Hello everyone,

I have a WW1 Imperial German Black Wound badge in my collection photos attached. The badge has a cheap looking broach pin arrangement. Please could anyone tell me if the badge is original or a reproduction? Many thanks. Martin  

WWI German Black Wound Badge (1) resized.jpg

WWI German Black Wound Badge (2) resized.jpg

WWI German Black Wound Badge (5) resized.jpg

yes, they made them with this style of fastener, and despite the picture of the obverse making me nervous, the two pics of the reverse reassure me somewhat. it's probably original--what type of metal is it made of, and what is the weight? the front makes it appear to be made of aluminum that has abrasions with paint flaking off

(pretty sure i have one somewhere, when it surfaces i'll edit some pictures into this post)

• 1 year later...

I found a Deschler tinnie with the same fastener ca 1924.

On 14/09/2020 at 14:39, Martin62 said:

Hello everyone,

I have a WW1 Imperial German Black Wound badge in my collection photos attached. The badge has a cheap looking broach pin arrangement. Please could anyone tell me if the badge is original or a reproduction? Many thanks. Martin  

WWI German Black Wound Badge (1) resized.jpg

WWI German Black Wound Badge (2) resized.jpg

WWI German Black Wound Badge (5) resized.jpg

Hi Martin, 

I found a Deschler tinnie pin ca 1924 with the same type of pin fastener and a manufactures name plate.

Does anyone know if Deschler also made wound badges? Deschler certainly made zinc military merit cross at the end of the war for the Bavarian Army.

Imperial Militaria (gielsmilitaria.com)

1516928609_Deschlerpinsetupca1924.jpg.d0b728ed27a9cee313ab700e0cdf140e.jpg

Regards, 

Chuck