News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Genuine WW2 Spanish Ration Tickets?

100yardsovertherim

I've had this in my collection for a while, but I have wondered if it is a legit piece or if it is a fantasy item.  It is supposed to be unused ration tickets from 1941 printed on the back of a poster of General George Custer.  Can anyone confirm whether Spain actually used ration coupons like this during the WW2 years?

Thanks in advance

Ration Poster Front.jpg

Ration Poster Back.jpg

Hello ,After the Spanish Civil War end in 1939 the newly created Estado Español instituted the Rationing Tickets known as Cupones de Racionamiento. They existed until 1952 ,they were 13 long years of hunger or half hunger for the majority of the Spaniards . Why it was imposed ? first the Country was exhausted with a Economy near destroyed and Great Debt ,second the Second World War and the Spanish neutrality left Spain nearly Blocked . 

On 19/02/2021 at 22:53, Bayern said:

Hello ,After the Spanish Civil War end in 1939 the newly created Estado Español instituted the Rationing Tickets known as Cupones de Racionamiento. They existed until 1952 ,they were 13 long years of hunger or half hunger for the majority of the Spaniards . Why it was imposed ? first the Country was exhausted with a Economy near destroyed and Great Debt ,second the Second World War and the Spanish neutrality left Spain nearly Blocked . 

Thank you for your response.  Have you seen Cupones like these printed in similar fashion (ie on the back of a poster)? 

17 hours ago, Bayern said:

Hello again ! I have not see but is very possible the existence of Cupones printed over the first sheet of good paper available .the paper was also rationed .

Thank you for your answer.  That does make sense to print things on the back of existing paper products like posters if paper too was rationed.  

Thanks again.