News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi, can I please ask for help in identyfikacja the genuity of a lsgc navy qe2 version for h.m.s. drake? Naming is ended with it, but quite unusual that this vessel was operational between late 1930s and 50s. Many thanks in advance for help. 

Hi Aniki,

A Royal Naval Long Service and Good Conduct Medal (QE II type) exist since 1953-54.

So, if HMS Drake was still active in those years and the recipient was still aboard then such medal could be issued to him.

I mean verification of such data, part of a larger group ending with Korea UK and un medals: Queen Elizabeth II Royal Navy L.S.G.C Named:- JX.286094. J. STARK. A.B. H.M.S. DRAKE.

HMS Drake is the name given for HMNB Devonport (Guzz).

This is similar to HMS Excellent which is the NCHQ on Whale Island in Portsmouth.

My Grandfathers LSGC is also named to a shore establishment so I think this is absolutely fine.