News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all

I am looking for date and place of of birth for Oblt aD x Stiller from Grenadier Regiment 1 Königsberg. I do not knew his first name.

I know he started as an active officer and was promoted as follows, Lt 18.08.1912 mit P23.08.1910, aD 04.07,1914, Oblt aD 12.02.1916 (III Berlin).

He did join the Fliegertruppe late 1915 and stayed there until EOW. In 1916 he served on the Western front, and later in the Turkish theater partly as leader of an aviation unit.

It exist a book about his Regiment, but I am unsure if he is mentioned there.

It exist an Oblt Georg Stiller in the address book for Berlin from 1920, the next Year he is listed as Hptm aD. Could it be him ?. After 1929 this Georg apparently moved away from Berlin. 

Anyone who can help ?

Gunnar

6 hours ago, Soderbaum said:

It exist a book about his Regiment, but I am unsure if he is mentioned there.

Hi Gunnar,

I have the regimental history from WW1 and unfortunately it does not add anything further than you already know: just a last peacetime officers' list that shows he retired on 4 July 1914 with no reference to further service.

Regards

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for checking the Regiment book !

This Stiller is apparently a hard nut to crack. The German had some sort of organization called "Asienkämpfer" but I dont knew if he was a member,

Hopefully he will be solved some sunny Day.

Gunnar