News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

JEWELRY OR MEDAL MANUFACTURE. EGYPT. MEHDAUIA

Antonio Prieto

They tell me that the translation of this inscription is FACTORY OF MEDALS AND RECOGNITIONS OF EGYPT / KINGDOM OF EGYPT / TAOUFIK BAI
    Corresponds to a plaque of the Mehdauia Order of the Spanish Protectorate of Morocco between 1926 and 1956, sold in emedals
    Could someone confirm it for me?
    If yes, do you know anything about this manufacturer Taoufik Bai?

Thank you

623485001_FBRICADEMEDALLASYRECONOCIMIENTOSDEEGIPTO.REINODEEGIPTO.TAOUFIKBAI.jpg.e9403d5d76a8675f40b7c892e93ee58d.jpg

Antonio,

Third line is not clear to me but the reverse appears to read:

Line 1 - Egyptian Fabricator for Making of Orders (Al Awsimat) - then Line 4

Line 2 - Tewfiq Bichay

Line 3 -                     Royal Egyptian

Line 4 - And Orders (Niasheen) and Medals

In line 4 'Niasheen' may also be translated as 'decorations'

Bichay were the successors to the Court Jewellers Lattes and continued into the early years of the Republic possibly into the early 1970s.

Owain

Thank you

At least 32 insignia of this order were awarded to people associated with the Arab world between 1928 and 1956, including Arabia, Lebanon and Syria

Another option is that the fabrication is Italian or Spanish and that it was distributed in Egypt by this firm.

Edited by Antonio Prieto