News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

British/Indian WW1 Officers Cap Badges..?

Good Evening

Brought these badges on auction the other day. I don't think anyone saw them as I got them at the unbelievably expensive price of R1...

The officers silver enameled badge is hallmarked silver JR Gaunt and Sons Birmingham 1915. I think it's for full/ceremonial dress uniform and the other brass version for normal dress. Can't believe how perfect the enamel still is. No cracks or missing paint.  

Anyone able to shed some light on the King Edward's Own 6th Cavalry? I also see they have another cap badge for this period, can someone explain the difference? I'll include a picture of that one for comparison if needed. 

Regards,

Chris

WW1 1915 King Edward's Own 6th Cavarly Officers Cap Badge Full Dress.jpg

WW1 1915 King Edward's Own 6th Cavarly Officers Cap Badge Full Dress1.jpg

WW1 King Edward's Own 6th Cavalry Cap Badge Field Wear.jpg

WW1 King Edward's Own 6th Cavalry Cap Badge Field Wear1.jpg

• 1 year later...
    On 09/02/2022 at 18:07, Chrisvo said:

Good Evening

Brought these badges on auction the other day. I don't think anyone saw them as I got them at the unbelievably expensive price of R1...

The officers silver enameled badge is hallmarked silver JR Gaunt and Sons Birmingham 1915. I think it's for full/ceremonial dress uniform and the other brass version for normal dress. Can't believe how perfect the enamel still is. No cracks or missing paint.  

Anyone able to shed some light on the King Edward's Own 6th Cavalry? I also see they have another cap badge for this period, can someone explain the difference? I'll include a picture of that one for comparison if needed. 

Regards,

Chris

WW1 1915 King Edward's Own 6th Cavarly Officers Cap Badge Full Dress.jpg

WW1 1915 King Edward's Own 6th Cavarly Officers Cap Badge Full Dress1.jpg

WW1 King Edward's Own 6th Cavalry Cap Badge Field Wear.jpg

WW1 King Edward's Own 6th Cavalry Cap Badge Field Wear1.jpg

I’d guess the badge you have is what is known as a ‘Sweetheart badge/brooch’.

It looks very nice.

tony. 🍻