News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown medal (yet another)

El Ninja

Republic of Pakistan: 100th Anniversary of Quaid I Azam Medal

Tamgah-i-Sad Saala Jashan-i-Wiladat-i-Quaid-i-Azam

Ribbon: Diagonal white and green stripes.

pakistan036.gif

Instituted: 25 December 1976.

Awarded: To commemorate the centenary of the birth of Muhammed Ali Jinnah (1876-1948), the 'Quaid-i-Azam' (Great Leader), the founder and first Governor-General of Pakistan.

ObverseReverse

Marcon1

Text & Pictures from Megan's Medalsoftheworld site = good place for information & pictures ?

Sorry to be redundant, Marcon1's & El Ninja replies did not show up on my refreshed screen until I was posting this.

Floyd's Medals (https://floydsmedals.com/product/pakistan-medal-for-centennial-of-quaid-i-azam/) identifies this as a Pakistanis medal, Medal for Centennial of Quaid-i-Azam, with the brief description: "Muhammad Ali Jinnah was the founder of Pakistan, serving as its first governor-general after long service in the Indian parliament. He is referred to as “Quaid-i-Azam” (Great Leader)." The  example on their webiste is identified as Product ID: A-3447, and is offered for $25. 

the Military Glories Past & Present website (https://militaryglories.co.uk/medal-commemorative-of-the-centenary-birth-anniversary-of-the-great-leader-1976-tamgha-i-sad-saala-22-p.asp) has an example on offer for £12.00. 

Medal Medaille inlcudes the following description (http://www.medal-medaille.com/sold/product_info.php?products_id=3546of previously sold example (PK120, shown below): "Circular cupro-nickel medal on scroll and bar suspension; the face with the head and shoulders portrait of Muhammad Ali Jinnah facing left, circumscribed in Urdu; the reverse with the star and crescent of Pakistan, an inscription in Urdu above, laurel branches to either side, dated ‘25 December 1976’ below in Urdu letters and numerals; slight age oxidisation marks; on replaced correct ribbon. The medal was instituted to mark the centenary of the birth of the ‘قائد اعظم’ (Quaid-e-Azam = Great Leader), Muhammad Ali Jinnah (1876-1948), founder and first leader of the independent state of Pakistan whose extraordinary life and achievements make him one of the great figures of the 20th Century."

large.PK120a.jpg.7868e24e9a4d38aab4aaf075607280e1.jpg

large.PK120b.jpg.c73eb1a7ce2962099752a6aaeffd9249.jpg

large.PK120c.jpg.db591debea456477302f369e32f16a89.jpg

large.PK120d.jpg.233ee44d5199cbbf51afe6e97305eb8e.jpg

large.PK120e.jpg.f1ded7c1c8dcb153e6c54fb2a3613afc.jpg

large.PK120f.jpg.47e25a979b4bdfe3a38d2c16df929724.jpg

Edited by Rusty Greaves