News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

W.W. Medal and Identification Various/Other Finnish Badges

itaca

Ciao a tutti, ho recuperato stamattina un bel lotto finlandese: oltre alla bella medaglia (purtroppo attuale) della Guerra d'Inverno, ci sono altri bellissimi distintivi in argento, smaltati... ma non riesco ad identificare molti distintivi.

Sono tutti del periodo della guerra.  I distintivi HSK sono probabilmente confermati da civili con il velo o con il canottaggio?  Quello circolare, in basso, al centro, credo siano servizi ministeriali... ma non ne sono sicuro.  Altri? 

Grazie molto

274926616_3237517719868511_8010857433366886008_n.jpg

274618048_3237517826535167_4892888729300659149_n.jpg

274876022_3237517779868505_4273145891636005424_n.jpg

Hello!

I don't speak italian so I am not 100% certain what you are asking. 

Only the winterwar medal is military, the other badges are civilian. 

HSK is Helsingfors Segelklubb = Helsinki Sailing club

The black badge with Mannerheim monogram could be a version of the badge that was sold in the early 50s to raise money for a statue of Mannerheim. 

Thanks friend, I was wrong I wanted to write in English, sorry...even if they are very nice civilians and I think also, interesting, well made, in silver and enameled, also all pre 1945, in short I think they are cute!

Do you know what 1994 or HBL 1864 can be? even the triangle ones intrigue me....

bfcdee7c-deff-45fc-b9fc-07ca73e06ce6.jpg

HBL 1864 is a badge from Hufvudstadsbladet (a Finnish newspaper) which was founded in 1864. 

Since the black triangle seem to be engraved with HSK I would assume that they are also from the sailing club.

Perhaps some kind of price or similar?

You could try to contact the club and ask if they have any information. 

In English – Helsingfors Segelklubb (hoski.fi)

Hello friend, thanks for the valuable information, all clear! I think we will also find out what the other badges are.
    I didn’t understand what you meant in that sentence, can you explain it better? ".... Maybe some sort of price or similarity? " ....Perhaps some kind of price or similar??..."

Thank you

t is possible what you say, can be awards for the crew, in one there is written MARIZA ( which must be the name of the ship ) with a date 1931 -12/7 and in the other MARIZA II  1933 -16/7, in both there is engraved HSK