News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

I was wondering what rank this somewhat damaged Kriegsmarine Cap Eagle was and if it is an early issue. It is pretty small and skinny with no maker mark. I received the cockade in the same insignia lot as the eagle (and a couple other insignia sets,RAD brooch, and a ribbon bar with spange). The lot has checked out good so far and I was just wondering how these ones check out.

Thanks again,

Pat

Guest Rick Research

Yup, it looks like a "Donald Duck" cap eagle, with the long "stickpin" broken off.

This is a one-piece that has been broken but I think the proper cockade for this one is the one I postted with my Heer Officers insignia lot. I got all these cap eagles and cockades in the same lot and I am still trying to match them up. I will post the other cockade which you can see the breakage and it matches the brassy colour of the cap eagle metal. Do you think this is the proper match? The two seem to fit together perfectly (the "donald duck" cap eagle and the cockade posted below). Also, what is the "donald duck" cap eagle and what is the history of it?

Thanks,

Pat

• 4 weeks later...

To clear up the confusing last couple of posts, here is a better picture of the correct Navy Cap Eagle/Cocade one-piece "Donald Duck" insigina. You can see where it was broken and the two pieces fit together perfectly (after I got the right cocades to match the right wreaths and eagles) and the metal is the same. Any opinions on this set and any info on the Donald Duck insignia are very welcome,

Thanks

Pat