News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German 'Eastern Front' Medal, Unknown Hallmark Confirmation ?

Hello Gents,  I'm looking at an Eastern 'Ost' Front Medal that appears to be genuine, based upon observation, but I have never encountered the particular Hallmark on its Suspension Ring. Unfortunately, I do not have a photograph, but the Dealer described the Marking as; '2 dots within a circle' ? Does that mean anything to anyone here ? I have dealt with this seller numerous times over the years now, but wished to get a few comments as to this 'Hallmark'. THANK YOU

Best,    Dom P.

THANK YOU Matthew, I appreciate your very kind input. I will attempt to contact him shortly, & will report my findings back here upon receiving his reply. For some reason, whenever I need to find an original, Hallmarked example to replace one within one of my Groups which appears to be of somewhat 'suspicious' origin, it appears as if all the 'confirmed' examples have dried up ! Hopefully, the above Database holder will have encountered this particular Hallmark before, & if not, just maybe he'll happen to have an original for sale ? Take care my Friend,

Best,    Dom P.

Hello Folks,  I did manage to copy 2 Photographs of the Medal in question, & have Posted them here, just in case someone here might be able to recognize whether it at least appears to be a genuine strike, or could be no good ! As always, any & all comments will be very much appreciated. THANKS Guys !

Best,    Dom P.

DSCN7102z.thumb.jpeg.baaaff0d1457058cd568fca29462ccd0.jpeg

DSCN7103z.thumb.jpeg.788f1b4d294a5031aa4641ceb7b4fdd2.jpeg

Edited by dpast32

Good Morning Gentleman, I hope everyone here is doing, & feeling well ? This is just a brief update regarding my recent query pertaining to an WW2 issue German 'Eastern Front' Medal's particular Hallmark, & or lack thereof. Well, exactly as advised by Matt MacLeod, the Website owner has very kindly & promptly replied to all my questions, & addressed my concerns. Based upon his observations, the Medal in question is indeed an original strike, & he even identified the particular Manufacturer, simply by viewing the 2 photos I had Posted !! ( And without even viewing the Proofmark[s], if there were actually were any ? ) So therefore, I wish to THANK Matthew M., & of course Sindri, for providing such awesome information with only minimal evidence ! 

Best,   Dom  P.