News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

grossherzogl. Badenscher Oberst Franz Lehmann

Good afternoon

I am looking for the personal and career data of Franz Lehmann, who ended his career as an Oberst in ther service of the Grandduke of Baden around 1850.

if someone could help me out that would be amazing

Thanks

David

It's not much, but according to the Hof- und Staats-Handbuch des Großherzogthums Baden, 1847 issue, where he's already listed as "Oberst a. D.", Franz Lehmann received the commander's cross (without star) of the Military Charles Frederick merit order in 1814 and was one of the first to receive a knight's cross (later called: "knight's cross 1st class") of the Zähringer Lion order in 1815. In case you don't know, this Baden periodical is available online. The Badische Landesbibliothek really made some use of the corona lockdown...

:love:

LehmannFranz OberstaD BZ3a 1815 (HuS 1847, S. 63).jpeg

LehmannFranz OberstaD BV2b 1814 (HuS 1847, S. 40).jpeg

10 hours ago, David M said:

Zelosko is the book on The MCFO?

Indeed, yes: Frank Zelosko, Für Badens Ehre. Militärischer Karl-Friedrich-Verdienstorden und Verdienstmedaille 1807 – 1918. Mosbach 2003 (Erster und Zweiter Band) and 2006 (Dritter Band).

I was surprised Lehmann had a "Karl Friedrich" knight's cross before he won the commander's cross. That knight, of course, wouldn't be listed in the Hof- und Staatshandbuch anymore, of course.

Edited by saschaw