News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I finished reading the post on these medals and was wondering if this is a good example of an original. I believe it is an early issue, as the medal is bronzy, not zinc. The packet is marked with the correct spelling of Schrobenhausen, and the ribbon does not glow.

Thanks,

Pat

• 2 months later...

Thanks Don,

Here is a Westwall I just picked up in pristine condition (the little speck above the wall was scanner crud!) and matched it with an old ribbon I had lying around, so the wear on the ribbon is quite a bit more than the medal, my apologies, but it is nice to have any ribbon on it for presentation. This Westwall is one of the nicest I've seen and I thought I would post some pics.

Cheers,

Pat

• 1 month later...

Hallo Gentlemen, :beer: nice West Wall pieces, :jumping:

here is a some pictures of two west wall medals in my collection, the bronze I am comfortable with, the silver I am not so sure about. I know they were not issued in silver, but the finish could be polished off. :unsure:

Comparison details:[/b]

Bronze Width: 33 mm.

Silver Width 33 mm.

Bronze Height to top of ring mount: 45 mm.

Silver Height to top of ring mount: 46 mm.

Bronze Thickness, measured through middle:nearly 3 mm

Silver Thickness, measured through middle:nearly 4 mm.

Bronze Weight: 17 gm.

Silver Weight: 20 gm.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Hallo Gentlemen, :beer: nice West Wall pieces, :jumping:

here is a some pictures of two west wall medals in my collection, the bronze I am comfortable with, the silver I am not so sure about. I know they were not issued in silver, but the finish could be polished off. :unsure:

Comparison details:[/b]

Bronze Width: 33 mm.

Silver Width 33 mm.

Bronze Height to top of ring mount: 45 mm.

Silver Height to top of ring mount: 46 mm.

Bronze Thickness, measured through middle:nearly 3 mm

Silver Thickness, measured through middle:nearly 4 mm.

Bronze Weight: 17 gm.

Silver Weight: 20 gm.

Rear & side Shot, Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Hi Kevin, nice bronzer, but I have doubts on the one with no finish. It has holes that are probably from casting on the surface and it is very similar in construction and material to a repro RAD women's medal I have. Here it is for comparison, it is almost exact in the characteristics of manufacture. Of course, I could be wrong but it doesn't look like your silver coloured West Wall ever had another finish, and like the RAD medal of mine was created in that colour. I hope that helps a bit,

Cheers,

Pat

P.S. my apologies on the wrong ribbon on the RAD (old scan), that ribbon is actually now the same ribbon that is correctly on the second (no packet) bronze West Wall I posted. :blush:

• 2 years later...