News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Looking for examples of the "Jordan Medal"

JustinH

Curious to see if anyone has any examples or photographs of a Masonic medal called the Jordan Medal.  My great grandfather was awarded this medal for "having belonged longer than any other member."  He was part of the Mt. Moriah Lodge No. 57 A.F. and A.M. in Syracuse, Nebraska.  My father has no knowledge of it and my grandfather is at the age where he doesn't remember.  I am assuming it is some sort of 50+ year membership medal as he was a lifelong member of Syracuse, NE.  Any help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

Found some info - hope it is of some use.

BRONZE JORDAN MEDAL FOR 60 YEARS SERVICE TO MASONRY

The medal is in recognition of Robert Carrel Jordan, who was the first Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Masons in Nebraska.

Nebraska has an old age medal which has unique features. M. W. Robert Carrell Jordan was the first Grand Master of Masons of Nebraska. After his death, a medal was struck off in bronze. One of these medals is given to each Lodge and by it presented to the member who has been a Master Mason for the greatest number of years. At his death, it is returned to the Lodge, and is again presented to the brother entitled to wear it.

The Grand Lodge of Nebraska later procured a duplicate of the bronze medal, in gold. The Grand Secretary keeps track of the oldest members of its Lodges, and this gold medal is presented to the brother, member of a Nebraska Lodge, and residing in Nebraska, who has been a Master Mason for the greatest number of years. Brother Albert E. Baker, 92 years of age, member of Oliver Lodge No. 38, Seward, Nebraska, who was made a Master Mason on May 11, 1865, and therefore has been a Master Mason for more than 70 years, now wears the Gold Jordan Medal. Upon his death it will he presented to the brother who is entitled to wear it. The Gold Jordan Medal is always presented by the Grand Master in person, if it is possible for him to do so. If not, he gives his proxy to some brother, usually a Past Grand Master, to make the presentation for him.

Also,

Grand Master Presents Gold Jordan Medal

22AUG

Most Worshipful Rick Myers presented the Gold Jordan Medal to Worshipful Brother Dennis Aksamit on August 14, 2017 at his home in Beatrice. The Gold Jordan Medal is awarded to the Nebraska Mason who has been a member of the Fraternity longer than any other Nebraska Mason living in the state.

W.B. Aksamit was raised in Blue Valley Lodge No. 64 in Milford on March 2, 1942. He became a dual member of Beatrice Lodge No. 26 in 1997. He served as Worshipful Master in Blue Valley Lodge in 1951 and in Beatrice Lodge in 1985. Several members of both lodges attended the presentation to support Brother Aksamit.

If you google Masonic Jordan Medal you might find some more info and even a picture or two.

Kind regards, Marcon1.