News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kriegsmarine Tallies group

Hi all,

I thought this would be a nice addition to this subforum as a reference for collectors as it is 100% contemporary originals.

It is from one person, Spanish Civil War to 1. Marineinfanterie-Division in 1945.

It is not in my possession currently but I am allowed to post this picture.

Cheers

Mützenbänder - Kopie.jpg

Edited by ArHo

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings, This is a fine grouping. The only thing I am seeing off hand is the Kreuzer Prinz Eugen.   The "E" in Eugen is a bit suspect.  This is a great field to collect. This is one of my specialty fields, as it is a great way to have a representation of a field unit, shore station, school, or ship.  You have a nice frame with it.  You say this grouping was from only one sailor?  This is quite an array of tallies.

Ships and units were able to have tallies until the OKM implemented the mandate that named tallies were no longer to be worn and that they would all use the standard "Kriegsmarine" tally.    I have seen provenance of sailors who have served with units and have tallies in their photo albums who were assigned to that particular unit after the order was given.  This might be the case here.    Sailors could also purchase tallies on their own from canteens and such.  Perhaps this person was able to collect other tallies not necessarily from his service units. 

Anyway, it is a nice collection.  I would pass on that bit of information to your friend about the Kreuzer Prinz Eugen piece.  This is one of the most heavily faked pieces.  Take note of the reverse, this stitching pattern is from the looming process, it has that staggered reverse pattern.  Most modern fakes cant replicate this.  

All the others look pretty good though. 

Best Regards,

Justin G

shortened Prinz Eugen.jpeg

Reverse stitching Shortened Prinz Eugen.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 10-07-45 Prinz Eugen tallies.jpg.png

Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 10-09-42 Prinz Eugen Tellermütze with white Boardmütze JustinG.jpg.png