News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt-Sondershausen NCO Long Service Cross - Opinions

Hi all,

Recently acquired this and am looking for opinions.  Medal is certainly gold plated, exactly 36mm x 36mm, according to my scale weighs approximately 18.6 grams (including ribbon). 

Thanks so much,

Marcus

Photo_0.thumb.jpg.6768b7f3e653bf9275a33a400d30138a.jpg

Photo_1.thumb.jpg.b5927a214128e152409f17c961e3f51b.jpg

Photo_3.thumb.jpg.bcdc5fcc04d7c8b0875bfae90c14af8e.jpg

36 minutes ago, Simius Rex said:

Nothing... and I mean absolutely NOTHING... is right about this piece.

First of all, it's a casting (a very bad casting) that any experienced collector would spot a mile away.  Plus, none of the details are right... not the proportions of the arms, the shape of the crown, the design of the cypher, the roman numerals, the Ringöse, and on and on and on.  Also note the weak and washed-out details typical of a mediocre casting.

I've been following the seller of this piece of garbage... "abvau1" from Mühlacker... because this is not the first time he managed to sell one of the Schrägstich-Faker's fakes.  He sold an identical Schrägstich-fake of the Schwarzburg Long Service Cross in August and then once again this month.  This cross qualifies as one the rarest German awards in existence, but this clown manages to come-up with two of them within a month !?!

Incidentally, genuine crosses like the one pictured below come-up for auction about once every five years.  This example sold in 2019 for a bargain price of 750 Euro + commission, but expect to pay at least 1.200 Euro in today's market.

Schwarzburg DA.jpg

Schwarzburg DA 2.jpg

Schwarzburg 3.jpg

Thanks for the information..  I new it was a very long shot…anyhow, I will use this as a filler piece…I usually do not keep fakes in my collection but this will serve as a place holder.  Again thanks very much for this information and the pics of a real cross.  I have never seen a real one, and did look on the internet however came up with a blank.  

Cheers..

Marcus