News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Serbian Officer Medal ID Please

Amazing set of medals! He wasn't an officer but actually a brigade general (lowest general rank) of the artillery.

His medals are the following: (written in the medals and orders section)

Remembrance Medal for the War 1912-1913 (First Balkan War)

Remembrance Medal for the War 1913 (Second Balkan War)

Albanian Remembrance Medal 1915 (check out Great Serbian Retreat or Albanian Golgotha); awarded on November 6, 1921

Golden Bravery Medal 1912-1913

Golden Medal for Zealous Service 1912-1913

Silver Medal for Bravery 1913

Order of the White Eagle with Swords 5th class; awarded on January 14, 1918

Order of the White Eagle with Swords 4th class; awarded on April 11, 1920

Order of Saint Sava 3rd class; awarded on April 11, 1920 (I'm not sure if it's the exact award date since it's written in the same row as the order above)

Order of the Yugoslav Crown 4th class; awarded on September 6, 1930

Order of the Italian Crown 5th class; awarded on September 6, 1930 (again, not sure about the date because of the same reason as Saint Sava 3rd class)

Another medal which isn't mentioned in the section about his awards but he's wearing it on the photo is the King Peter Remembrance Medal 1914-1918 for WW1.

Thank you so much for this. My friend will be delighted! Do you know what type of sword  and/uniform he might wear? Also any trustworthy sources to acquire the above awards and uniform parts either in Europe or US? Thanks again!!

No problem! As for the uniform and sword, the uniform is definitely a Kingdom of Yugoslavia ceremonial uniform, so not the regular uniform for every day use. Which regulation exactly, I don't know since it's not my area of expertise. It's hard to tell exactly what kind of sword/dagger he has but I'm leaning towards one of those long ceremonial swords. Again, not my area of expertise so I hope someone else can give you more information on this matter.

Regarding the sources to acquire the medals and other stuff, ebay is a trustworthy source. There's also emedals and other various Serbian online markets. Good luck though! Some of those medals are rare and could be hard to find for a reasonable price. I recon the proper uniform will be even harder to catch.

• 1 month later...