News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal of J.A. Komenský and Medal J.E.Purkyne

Let me introduce 2 rare Czechoslovak medals.First both  in etuas.

IMG_1545.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

Medal of J.A. Komenský.Dia  30mm,Ag,bestowed only 184 medals,only 10 medals,type ČSR before 1961.

This medal was instituted to recognize  teachers and miscellaneous school staff for meritorious service in the field of education.

There are two main versions of the medal.

The medals issued first were awarded from 1953-1960, and the feature "ČSR" in the reverse inscription.

The medals issued second were awarded from 1960-1989, and the feature "ČSSR" in the reverse inscription.

The obverse inscription translates to "John Amos Komensky," and the reverse roughly translates to "For Merit in the Field of Educational Sciences."

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

Medal of J.E.Purkyne,Dia 27mm,Ag,awarded 373 medals

This medal was conferred upon doctors and health care workers to recognize merit in health care, and in the development of new health care techniques.

The reverse inscription roughly translates to "For Merit for People's Health."

m2.jpg

Both medals are from my collection.