News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Sacred Treasure 2nd Class Breast Star - Trident Pin Construction

TracA

Greetings,

I recently acquired a cased OST 2nd class breast star, and I am assuming that the case was the case of issue for the star. The star is of typical obverse design and the reverse has a trident pin construction with a two-letter hallmark, which looks to me like FK. I note, however, that the reverse does not have rivets; it has screws. The case is octagonal and the medalbed has individual slots for each of the three pins as well as horizontal, rectangular slots for the hinge base and the hook/catch for the end of the central pin. Per the Medals of Asia website I have determined that this breast star was manufactured sometime in or after 1979. Any further information about it would be most welcome. In addition, any information about the octagonal case would also be welcome. Pictures below.

Thanks!

Tracy

Order of the Sacred Treasure 2nd Class Breast Star - Trident Pin Construction obverse:

OST 2 Obv Cropped.jpg

Order of the Sacred Treasure 2nd Class Breast Star - Trident Pin Construction reverse:

OST 2 Rev Cropped.jpg

Order of the Sacred Treasure 2nd Class Breast Star - Trident Pin Construction FK (?) hallmark:

OST 2 Rev Hallmark Zoom.jpg

Order of the Sacred Treasure 2nd Class Breast Star - Trident Pin Construction case lid. My word, I wish that I could eliminate the reflection:

OST 2 Case Lid.jpg

Order of the Sacred Treasure 2nd Class Breast Star - Trident Pin Construction medalbed:

OST 2 Case Medalbed.jpg