News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Red Star

Hello there folks,

Here is my Order of the Red Star serial# 99,855 in silver. I can't read Russian so I have no idea who the maker is. It is in pretty good shape and I believe it is from May 1943 with info from Rick Research's post. I was just wondering about the value of these badges (as well as the Patriotic War) and how serial#'s affect value.

Thanks,

Pat

Thanks Doc! Great Article on the Red Star. Mine definitely falls into the type 2 category and I am pleased that it is an early issue. Gotta love the wartime presented ones! :love:

Cheers,

Pat

Guest Rick Research

Then thin armed screwpost base type's my :love: favorite.

Probably from February 1943 and well worth thinking about having research done (ask NavyFCO). Citations for ones this early are usually for deeds that would have won an Order of the Red Banner in 1944-45, and you can never tell WHO, WHERE, or WHY until research comes back.

There MAY be people who monetarily value loose pieces by numbers, but I look at them from the point of view of how early in the war they were. Until Stalingrad, awards were made quite sparcely, and recipients seem to have been UNDER-recognized by later standards. I would hold an early 1943 Red Star in far greater esteem than a May 1945 "hurry up and hand out the candy" one.

Thanks for all the comments so far, helpful indeed. :cool: I would be very interested in researching my Russian orders and would appreciate any leads for how to start going about checking serial numbers. To actually know who won it and at what event would increase my liking of the medals. Thanks for any help,

Pat