News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

40 Years Faithful Service Medal in privately procured box

Carlo

Good evening gentlemen, I recently purchased this medal for 40 years of faithful service.

The medal itself has nothing special, but the box does: it is a flat leather box with a black interior bordered with gold thread.

I'm pretty sure the box was privately procured, perhaps as a gift piece or just a box to store the decoration. The question is, does anyone know what period it could be? Before the great war, post-war or something else?

IMG_20230311_184649 (1).jpg

IMG_20230311_184703 (1).jpg

IMG_20230311_184713 (1).jpg

IMG_20230311_184756 (1).jpg

IMG_20230311_184811 (1).jpg

Hello Carlo,

your fine medal for 40 years faithful service as a civil servant is preserved in a surely privately-made case, probably originally made for a pocket watch, then adapted with the velvet-lined, fitted compartment.

It's nice to see posts from other Italian collectors of Austro Hungarian awards and historical artifacts.

Best wishes,

E.L.

On 15/03/2023 at 18:21, Elmar Lang said:

Hello Carlo,

your fine medal for 40 years faithful service as a civil servant is preserved in a surely privately-made case, probably originally made for a pocket watch, then adapted with the velvet-lined, fitted compartment.

It's nice to see posts from other Italian collectors of Austro Hungarian awards and historical artifacts.

Best wishes,

E.L.

Thank you!! Actually, now that I think about it, I know very few Italians who collect this kind of items.