News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Is this a prewar picture of GFM Model?

Originally posted in Imperial, but maybe this is the more appropriate place here:

This picture was sold to me as showing a Lt dR Beitz (left) - but I was more interested in Mr Monocle (right): Am I totally wrong or is this a photo of the later GFM Model as Oberst, taken between 1934 and 1938? Also, this would be one of the very few pictures I have seen that show Model wearing a ribbon bar.

I see some small problems however with this being Model:

- his wound badge seems to be black, but Model had the white one. 

- the ribbon bar looks slightly different, I don't see a HHOX for example, but with the light it is hard to tell. 

But if this is not Model, then it must be a (quite lookalike) Oberst between 1935 and 1939 (certainly future general) with a wound badge, monocle and exactly that number of awards (including WM LS awards). 

image.thumb.jpeg.f16d5c06ffae6514a699caeb7d02821f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.24e850369d97700b9d81b7c8b3d5057e.jpeg