News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Freikorp medals - anyone know of any sellers.

Hello, does anyone know of any reliable dealers I can buy the odd Freikorp medal from please? I'm not that great at telling fakes from genuine, so if someone knows of a trustworthy dealer please can you let me know. My usual dealers don't seem to stock them, and I don't trust ebay.

I'm in the UK.

There are no reliable dealers of which I'm aware. Helmut Weitze is the most obvious and high-profile. But, even he has fakes being sold as genuine from time to time. Unless you know your stuff, it's risky to buy anything from any dealer, unless the dealer can be 100% vouched for.

What are you actually looking for?

17 hours ago, bolewts58 said:

There are no reliable dealers of which I'm aware. Helmut Weitze is the most obvious and high-profile. But, even he has fakes being sold as genuine from time to time. Unless you know your stuff, it's risky to buy anything from any dealer, unless the dealer can be 100% vouched for.

What are you actually looking for?

Would really like the Silesian Eagle and Baltic Cross. Bit of a minefield though, I often see things sold as copies that look genuine to me!

8 hours ago, Duncan said:

Would really like the Silesian Eagle and Baltic Cross. Bit of a minefield though, I often see things sold as copies that look genuine to me!

Easy enough to get. But, true that there are a lot of copies now. I have actually sold all of mine and don't have any now. I only have a few miniature Baltic Crosses left.