News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Do you know these makers marks?… KMT & MKT

Farkas

Hello Gents,

I’ve been struggling for some time with another of the makers mark found on Karl Truppen Kreuz.

One of mine has the MKT stamp.

MKT is a known KTKreuz maker mark but is unidentified as far as I know. Also unidentified is another known maker KMT though I don’t have that one myself.

I thought it possible that they both belong to the same manufacturer or at least two sources with a link. So far that is still my leaning.

But… I can’t get past the language barrier so I’m hoping you kind Gents can help me please. Probably to rule out the first, probably to rule out the second of these too,  but what you make of the 3rd?

I think this is a ‘phrase’ and not the answer but I couldn’t ignore it.

Metall Kunststoff Technik

Kunststoff Metall Technik

This firm does not seem to have history in the relevant period…

Metall Koks Trade

Koks Metall Trade

This is the one I have hope might be a possibility. I am sure I saw at some point a reference to a business with this name and the date 1906. I can’t find it again.

Metall Konrad Technk

Konrad Metall Technik

Can anyone help me with the information about this firm and its history, or possibly of an original earlier separate (family?) business with the same name?

I can’t read German 🥺 and Google knows it, I’m getting almost no results.

Any thoughts or comments appreciated as always

Cheers

tony 🍻

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,
    unfortunately I don't know how to help you, I've been asking myself the same question for a long time.
    The only thing that came to mind was about the KMT mark, which could also be interpreted as KriegsMeTall, the Karl Truppenkreuz is made of zinc which in German was also called kriegsmetall.

On the version of the Kriegsmedaille made in zinc during the First World War there is the mark KM which I believe also indicates the word kriegsmetall.

Unfortunately I can't think of anything else, I hope for the intervention of those who know more.....

On 08/10/2023 at 00:50, Carlo said:

Hello,
    unfortunately I don't know how to help you, I've been asking myself the same question for a long time.
    The only thing that came to mind was about the KMT mark, which could also be interpreted as KriegsMeTall, the Karl Truppenkreuz is made of zinc which in German was also called kriegsmetall.

On the version of the Kriegsmedaille made in zinc during the First World War there is the mark KM which I believe also indicates the word kriegsmetall.

Unfortunately I can't think of anything else, I hope for the intervention of those who know more.....

There is no definitive answer to the KM stamp, 2 schools of thought on it. One, as you say is KriegsMetall , it makes sense but I’m going with the other, a large metalwork business called KM. 🤷‍♂️

——-

On 08/10/2023 at 00:50, Carlo said:

Unfortunately I can't think of anything else,

Hi Carlos,

thanks for your thoughts because they got me thinking in a different way and I realised I had been overlooking something… That some awards were being made in huge jumbers.
    I’d only been thinking of the KTK.
    I’ve been concentrating on Jewellers because previously if I’m looking - I’m looking at hallmarks on nice pieces that Gents have posted on GMIC.

So Gents,

I now think I need to look at these as two types, original ww1/KuK period mass production & post KuK production.

I’m sure all this has been done before but I’m having fun anyway 😊

tony 🍻