News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

British helmet marking ID?

hello Gents,

as a Welshman I recognise these…

The Divisional shield insignia is…

The 38th (Welsh) Division

15A304BE-7209-43D3-8056-7CE305BF8A91.thumb.png.32b8031c0a19fb05b305f329c3392130.png

The double eagle badge was in ww2

1st King's Dragoon Guards

From 1959..

1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards

From the RAC site.

“1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards began its formal existence on January 1st 1959, this being the day when the 1st King's Dragoon Guards was amalgamated with the 2nd Dragoon Guards, better known as the Queen's Bays. Thus ended the separate identities of two of the oldest and most distinguished regiments in the British Army.”

673E3BAB-8386-45C0-AF78-4521DEDACE5C.thumb.jpeg.cb642261435b59bcff0fc6d07232a31a.jpeg

From Wikipedia: 

In March 1896 Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria became Colonel-in-Chief of the regiment. At the same time the double-headed Austrian eagle became the cap-badge of the regiment, and it adopted Radetzky March as its regimental march. On the occasion of his Diamond Jubilee on 2 December 1908, the Emperor instituted the Inhaber-Jubiläums-Medaille für Ausländer(Commander's Jubilee Medal for Foreigners) to celebrate his 60 years on the throne. Some of the 40 golden, 635 silver and 2000 bronze medals were awarded to officers and private soldiers in the regiment.

tony 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇬🇧