News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help to identify

12 hours ago, FOR VALOUR said:

Hello,

Could anyone please help identify this badge thank you for looking. 

20231211_230716.jpg

20231211_230727.jpg

It looks like something knocked up as a George 6th Coronation brooch. It has the style of lettering from the George 5th Royal Cypher combined with the George 6th numerals which only seems to have occurred in the early days following the sudden departure of "Eddie the Unsteady". The best example of this is the early (1936) issue of George 6th cap badges for the Royal Army Service Corps which had that combination. Later issues had the correct pattern of George 6th Royal Cypher but the early pattern badges continued to be issued until stocks were used up. What you have there is definitely not a military item of any sort in my opinion and what that circle of twisted wire is all about is beyond my comprehension.        Pete.