News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help ! Question about Military ranks of the Principality of Albania (1914-1925)

I come across a new website about Military ranks of the Principality of Albania (1914-1925).

https://www.uniforminsignia.net/royal-albanian-army-(1918-1928)-collar-insignia,5226.html

113597529_.JPG.f58c0c62bd006bfa012f711a01fa29a7.JPG

My question is (I never find any information from WIKI,  website or forum in English , German and Albanian):

1、Is it this picture is correct ?

2、When this system rank set up?

3、Follow which country?

Hope I can receive a reasonable answer.

Hi John,
    The site you are looking at has some errors and is somewhat chaotic. However, I respect their work and, however, it is a first attempt.
    Are you interested in the uniforms of the era of Prince Wied (1914), or those of the period of President/King Zog (1925-1939)?

Zaim

Posted (edited)
    4 hours ago, Zaim Qyteza said:

Hi John,
    The site you are looking at has some errors and is somewhat chaotic. However, I respect their work and, however, it is a first attempt.
    Are you interested in the uniforms of the era of Prince Wied (1914), or those of the period of President/King Zog (1925-1939)?

Zaim

Yes, I am interested in this era history.

Because this era history is blank in English book , So i am learning German and Albanian language to try to study this era history.

I am very appreciate that everyone can give some information about it !

Edited by johnprice

Dear, John,

1. First of all, it is important to give a clear scheme of the periods of the Albanian state:

-The First Monarchy,       1912-1914:   The period when Albania was recognized as an Independent Principality, until the departure of Prince of Wied. 

- The First Regency,       1918-1924:  The Period from the Congress of Durres which renewed the monarchical system of the state, until the fall of Fan Noli’s government.

- The First Republic,       1925-1928:  The Period of Ahmed Zogu’s Republic.

-The Second Monarchy, 1928-1939: The Period of Zog I’ Kingdom.

- The Third Monarchy,    1939-1943:  The Period of the reign of Vittorio-Emanuele III, until Italy's armistice.

- The Second Regency, 1943-1944:  Regency during the German invasion.

- The Second Republic, 1946-1990:  The Period from the announcement of PRA (The People’s Republic of Albania, RPSH), until the announcement of political pluralism.

- The Third Republic,      1991- :        The Period from the April 1991’s elections onwards.

2. Regarding your request, I am giving you a table of the rank system of uniforms M.27.

This table is part of a book that I am writing about the History of Albanian Uniforms, a book which will be completed I believe in 20 or 30 years 😀.

Regards,,

Zaim

M 27 Tab.jpg

3 hours ago, Zaim Qyteza said:

Dear, John,

1. First of all, it is important to give a clear scheme of the periods of the Albanian state:

-The First Monarchy,       1912-1914:   The period when Albania was recognized as an Independent Principality, until the departure of Prince of Wied. 

- The First Regency,       1918-1924:  The Period from the Congress of Durres which renewed the monarchical system of the state, until the fall of Fan Noli’s government.

- The First Republic,       1925-1928:  The Period of Ahmed Zogu’s Republic.

-The Second Monarchy, 1928-1939: The Period of Zog I’ Kingdom.

- The Third Monarchy,    1939-1943:  The Period of the reign of Vittorio-Emanuele III, until Italy's armistice.

- The Second Regency, 1943-1944:  Regency during the German invasion.

- The Second Republic, 1946-1990:  The Period from the announcement of PRA (The People’s Republic of Albania, RPSH), until the announcement of political pluralism.

- The Third Republic,      1991- :        The Period from the April 1991’s elections onwards.

2. Regarding your request, I am giving you a table of the rank system of uniforms M.27.

This table is part of a book that I am writing about the History of Albanian Uniforms, a book which will be completed I believe in 20 or 30 years 😀.

Regards,,

Zaim

M 27 Tab.jpg

Wow, This is a very useful information which i never see before !!!

363d83d28407e2d8924f79da725587a4.jpg.88de19fa6c68e4bac4a20501fdd4f990.jpg

I found a photo during Principality of Albania, in which their cap badge in red circle I never see before.

Everyone have these cap badges material object ?

• 2 months later...

Was the officers collar fully coloured or were there collar patches as worn by the other ranks ?

On 11/01/2024 at 20:27, Zaim Qyteza said:

This photo is from the second half of 1913. I catalog them as "Model 1913" and they were ordered in Italy by the Albanian Provisional Government in May 1913.

Tabela M.13a.jpg