News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Feldartillerie-Abteilung Reinhardt (Freikorps von Lettow-Vorbeck)

Good evening gent

I'm looking for Information about the Feldartillerie-Abteilung Reinhardt which was Part of the Freikorps von Lettow-Vorbeck.

In Tessins book only a Freiw.Feldartillerie-Rgt. Oslander, with three Abteilungen, as Part of the Division von Lettow des Garde-Kav.Schützen-Korps is mentioned.

I guess in was one of these three Abteilungen. And Oslander is a spelling mistake, it's the here mentioned Wilhelm Osiander, commander of FAR 15.

https://gmic.co.uk/topic/3189-an-incomplete-tale-of-two-osianders/

The 1914 Rangliste mention an Oberst Reinhardt as Manager of the Artilleriewerkstatt at Spandau. I guess it's him, because there is no other Reinhardt.

Kind regrets and thanks

I don't know if it refers to the same units. But Freikorps Reinhard/Regiment Reinhard/Freiwilligen-Brigade Reinhard (no "t") had two artillery units: Freiwilligen-Garde-Artillerie-Regiment Winterfeld and Minenwerfer Abteilung Reinhard.

Edited by bolewts58

I think your Reinhardt is Bruno - 1914 a Hptm. in FAR 33 and in mid-1918 “Führ. d. FAR 34”.  I say this because the Hptm. Binder mentioned in the recruiting advert was also in FAR 33 in 1914.  He served in FAR 63 from the day he was promoted Leutn. until 18.12.12 when he was transferred to FAR 33. 

It was common for officers from the same regiment to serve together in a Freikorps unit.  Bruno was promoted Major on 22.03.16, and so senior enough to command an artillery unit in the Freikorps.

Edited by arb

Thanks for your post. I think your are right. A Oberst as leader of a Abteilung/Battalion would be quiet high. Also a Oberst serving under the command of a Major (Wilhelm Osiander) would be unexpected. Also FAR 33, 34 and Osilanders FAR 15 was located in the Saar area.

Also have to admit, there are much more Reinhardts in the 1914 Rangliste. Seems to have been a bit late yesterday.

Anyway, thank you!