News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German ‘Honour Cross’ on a tri-fold ribbon.

Hi Gents,

though a German medal from the 30’s doesn’t really belong in this section, I thought I’d sneak it in 😉

I was lucky enough to nab this the other day, it came from an Austrian seller and was just as cheap as these crosses normally are, which surprised me bearing in mind the ribbon.

F2852B2F-EDC1-4BD3-830B-446F9E4CA6CF.thumb.jpeg.318e2b184df0eff40f57ae01e4a90af1.jpeg

14D9CB73-E331-4F71-8F2F-13BDD0E34900.thumb.jpeg.5db3cf73d182d0881f914a0273b8e972.jpeg

From Wikipedia :

“ By a decree dated 30 November 1938, the State Minister of the Interior introduced these awards into the Ostmark (the name of Austria after it was annexed by Nazi Germany). By 1940, it had also been approved for persons of German heritage from seized lands of the Sudetenland, Czechoslovakia, Danzig, Saar and Memel.[1]Awarding of the cross to war participants of German heritage continued after the deadline for applications had closed within the previous boundaries of Germany. Such Honour Crosses were still being awarded as late as 1944. For all attached military personnel outside these regions, the Führer, through the ordinance of 30 June 1942, had already ordered approval of these awards.”

Its the first one on a trifold that I’ve had the good fortune to pick up. 😊

cheers

tony 🍻

41 minutes ago, gjw said:

Love it!!!  I'd like to get that version also.

Best,

Greg

30 minutes ago, Stogieman said:

Nice piece on an interesting ribbon!

cheers both,

it’s not just me then, these aren’t that common are they.

When I saw it I wasn’t sure if the ribbon was gonna be legit, but couldn’t remember the last time I saw one of these on any trifold, I had to take the punt, even with 7 quid postage.

A neat ribbon and good looking kreuz too. 

tony 🍻

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇬🇧