News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A new miniature chain to a Finnish non fighter

Hi , just got this one , a Liberty Cross 4th class wo swords 1939 ?  medal for Winter War 39/40 , medal for war 41/44 , Austrian Decoration of honour in Gold, French Legion of Honour Officer,

Sweden North Star Commander.

I tried to find the guy through the Northern Star Commander Order , I have the names of 78 Finnish recipients , but no match so far

The search goes on :)

IMG_20240316_101239[1].jpg

At least, as far as I know, Professor Arvi Kivimaa has received all the medals in the picture.
    WIKIPEDIA
    He received the Cross of Liberty (4 th class, Winter War) for civil merits on June 21, 1941.
    He was entitled to wear the clasp "KOTIJOUKOT" on his commemorative medal. It is not uncommon for a clasp to be missing. I'm not sure about the other commemorative medal, but he very likely received that as well.

It's hard to say without more detailed research if it's him...