News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Legion of Honor

rpgr1

Hello

I was wondering if someone can help with this order. It looks like the medallion with the kings' profile has been replaced with one with the flags. But the flag's colors are in the wrong order. The medallion looks original with no enamel repairs. Could there be an explanation for this, error in the manufacturing doesn't sound right.

Thank you

IMG_9776.jpg

IMG_9778.jpg

IMG_9774.jpg

IMG_9775.jpg

IMG_9779.jpg

IMG_9780.jpg

Hi Welcome to the Club,

Very likely the front medallion was lost and who ever repaired the Orders attached what he had in hand

Those medallions get detached/lost quite often, since they are hold in place only by a stiky wax

On close inspection, in my opinion the blue and the white colours central medallion were re-enameled and they made a mistake The white enamel of the cross also was repaired

Edited by Graf

On 23/03/2024 at 10:01, Graf said:

Hi Welcome to the Club,

Very likely the front medallion was lost and who ever repaired the Orders attached what he had in hand

Those medallions get detached/lost quite often, since they are hold in place only by a stiky wax

On close inspection, in my opinion the blue and the white colours central medallion were re-enameled and they made a mistake The white enamel of the cross also was repaired

On 17/03/2024 at 19:52, rpgr1 said:

Hello

I was wondering if someone can help with this order. It looks like the medallion with the kings' profile has been replaced with one with the flags. But the flag's colors are in the wrong order. The medallion looks original with no enamel repairs. Could there be an explanation for this, error in the manufacturing doesn't sound right.

Thank you

IMG_9776.jpg

IMG_9778.jpg

IMG_9774.jpg

IMG_9775.jpg

IMG_9779.jpg

IMG_9780.jpg

• 4 weeks later...