News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I purchased this on eBaythis week  thinking when it was described as a charm bracelet made of medals that it would consist of miniature or small scale medals. Instead, they are full size on a heavy chain. I show obverse and reverse her and they assuredly appear genuine. Is this some kind of cray oversize souvenir bracelet? It's very large and heavy to wear but it does appeal to be a bracelet. Any thoughts? It's for my own collection so even if a dud it is interesting to me. 

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Wyomingguy,

Interesting artifact.  Certainly too heavy to wear as a bracelet.   It doesn't seem to have a clasp either.  I did find something similar in a search on line and you can find it here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/orders-decorations-third-reich/bracelet-8690/   The medals on the chain seem to be authentic but without any provenance it is hard to say who made it or when.

Regards,

Gordon 

Thanks so much Gordon. I agree it relates to the other as well. The medals appear to be 100% genuine but I would not want to go swimming with it on as I think you would sink with the weight. I just cannot figure out if it was worn by a widow or as a souvenir given to a sweetheart by an Allied soldier. The medals don't seem to make sense as to whether any single soldier could have won them.

There is a clasp but it is hard to see and very tight...again doubting this was worn much.