News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pair of Chinese orders.

Pezev

Recently bought this pair of numbered orders. 1 loyalty and diligence order and another one that I can only find online as a possible presidential merit medal. Any better identification would be appreciated.

IMG_20240412_215313.jpg

IMG_20240412_215342.jpg

IMG_20240412_215356.jpg

2 hours ago, Pezev said:

.... another one that I can only find online as a possible presidential merit medal. Any better identification would be appreciated.

Commemorative Medal of Honor for the Best Recommended Personnel that was issued in 1978

https://asiamedals.info/threads/medal-of-honor-for-the-best-recommended-personnel.28266/

Edited by JapanX

Dear Pezev,

Foe the  "Order of Loyalty and Diligence" see here:

For the "Medal of Honor for the Best Personnel":

image.jpeg.d80c63cc9ad26dc72a18f2af7108c4ad.jpeg

image.jpeg.2eb05f95dc5a4187dcfb58ab2857937d.jpeg

Yours sincerely,

No one

Edited by No one

Dear Pezev,

This is a medal (a commemorative medal / jìniànzhāng) not an order.

Would you mind taking a better picture of the final (first) Chinese character in the first line? Thank you.

image.jpeg.6ddbc11ca6f0bbe0ea51545ab4ae4578.jpeg

I forgot the translation:

image.jpeg.1a7f556d231736f884a9c93ddeaeafc4.jpeg

Central Mint - Wikipedia

Yours sincerely,

No one

Edited by No one

4 hours ago, No one said:

Dear Pezev,

This is a medal (a commemorative medal / jìniànzhāng) not an order.

Would you mind taking a better picture of the final (first) Chinese character in the first line? Thank you.

image.jpeg.6ddbc11ca6f0bbe0ea51545ab4ae4578.jpeg

I forgot the translation:

image.jpeg.1a7f556d231736f884a9c93ddeaeafc4.jpeg

Central Mint - Wikipedia

Yours sincerely,

No one

Thanks, here's the better picture for you. Surprised it is from the 70's seeing as it's silver gilt as I have one of those awful aluminium medals from that period so I guess this must have been a pretty high award. Also looks like my number 033 has gotten around a lot seeing as it's in the previous link. I wonder who it was awarded to.

IMG_20240413_122940.jpg

The correct translation of reverse was already presented above. 

First of all there is a word commemorative [honor medal].

image.jpeg.4a1aad7f301fc59e3e24458eb50d1a6b.jpg.a3f88e583f62e433008df992d1627b86.jpg

Secondly this is not a "Central Mint of China". This is the Central Engraving and Printing Plant /Zhōngyāng Yìnzhìchǎng/ a subsidiary of the Central Bank of the Republic of China (Taiwan). 

https://www.cepp.gov.tw/EN

"Central Mint of China" undertook the business of making official seals and national medals and orders only in 2005.

In 1956 Taichung Plant /subsidiary of Central Engraving and Printing Plant/ of the Third Bureau of Presidential Office was restructured to “Medal and Seal Production Plant” responsible for manufacturing official seals and national awards. In 2005 "Medal and Seal Production Works" was dissolved, business of producing the seals and awards was handed over to Central Mint.

+

3rd Bureau is not a "producer" but a production supervisor /監製 - to supervise production/.

+

Obviously in the present context 總統府 - Zǒngtǒng fǔ is not a Presidential Palace but an Office of the President.

image.jpeg.9931bc0ed30210bd65015b402e2432ef.jpeg

Lastly the name of the medal reads 保舉最優人員 Bǎojǔ zuì yōu rényuán

保舉 - Recommended [lit. recommend sb. for a post or award]
    最優 - Best [optimal; finest] 
    人員 - Personnel

In fact, the name of each medal should include individual year and be read as (in the present case)

Commemorative Medal of Honor for the Best Personnel Recommended [for an award] in 1978

image.jpeg.32feaccbbcae8e944f50e21cae4931f5.jpeg

Edited by JapanX

Dear JapanX

Your sweet tone and kind words are greatly appreciated.

Nobody is perfect. I am not perfect, and I know it.

I'll take the high road and let bygones be bygones.

Yours with the utmost sincerity,

No one

It's great news that you are able to appreciate my sweet tone and my kindness, dear Patrick. Ability to appreciate time and efforts of others is a rare commodity these days. So for example some of the residents of Staffordshire steppes are not even able to type two words "thank you."

But let's go back to my kindness and sweetness. If it wasn't for them, I would have picked up some short articles from the early 00s that were published in the OMSA journal. Trust me, servant of evil could find many "sensitive matters" in these shorts.

But that's not really my thing. Why? Because I am kind and sweet.

Et voici le meilleur exemple pour le pratiquer.

Sincères salutations,

Nick

Sorry if I appeared rude, I thought I had thanked for the information earlier in the thread. Anyhow if I hadn't I really appreciate people taking the time to identify the pieces shown.