News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

Hope all is well and enjoying the weather.

I have recently been watching an old YouTube video of MOD Police training at the old Medmenham which was filmed probably mid 80's possibly. I am aware this force, as far as Sergeant epaulettes go, have always had the numbers at obviously the bottom of the epaulette, then the sergeant chevrons, then the MDP collar dog at the top of the epaulette nearest the EiiR button. I appreciate they don't seem to wear epaulettes like this now and its all 'sliders', however in this video, a Sergeant can be seen training instructing new recruits and has a what appears to be a small crown above  his chevrons. I am not aware of this force using the 'Station Sergeant' rank, two of which come to mind is Port of Felixstowe Police and the Met. Would anyone happen to know what this means as I have never seen it before in picture form and its not in a book of the MOD and former forces book I have.

image.png.5cf38bae5c7434cb9d6628480df1be80.png

The full clip can be seen on - https://youtu.be/zcfcPPETDZc?feature=shared

Another strange one I have seen is on an Ashford Police Training College Youtube video - https://youtu.be/fWqxsiMcMrE?feature=shared

which shows a Suffolk Constabulary Sergeant, seconded for training to the PTC with the epaulettes showing Sergeant chevrons at the very bottom, then the number, then the castle at the top whereas its worn number at the bottom, then stripes in the middle, then castle. In all the historical pictures I have seen, I have never seen this at all so just wondered if anyone had any thoughts in regards to this.

image.png.9e3fed36eaf79bcbbcf468faee7771ca.png

Thanks all

Edited by I_♥_Police

I understand that the Crown above chevrons is worn by Training Sgts' only in the MoD Police. Usually those who are posted to the force training centre wherever that may currently be.

Dave.