News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Waterloo Medal to Henry Martin

dond

Must be the bad pics preventing opinions. This thing is almost as black as coal with patina. It was rubber cemented to a piece of plywood with 18 other medals and framed by in the 1950s-60s. 

2024-07-04 15.52.46.jpg

2024-07-04 15.52.59.jpg

dond,

A medal I would not buy.  The suspension is missing.  Probably removed when it was glued to the plywood.  Here is a link to am authentic Waterloo medal c/w proper suspension.  https://www.dixonsmedals.com/product/single-medals/waterloo-medal-1815-with-original-clip-and-ring-suspension-josh-blackley-gunner-royal-horse-artillery-2/ 

Regaards,

Gordon

Thanks for the replies. I know the suspension has been replaced, probably long before it was glued to the board. It came with 18 other awards all listed as "WW1" period medals. I made a $250 offer in the last 10 hours of the auction (buy it now was $500). You really could not tell what medals were there but I figured 19 medals for $250 that there was no way I could lose. Even with the replaced suspension I think Henry Martin is worthy of remembering.

2024-07-05 14.44.46.jpg