News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I'm trying to date a catalog without much success. However, this metal bar is offered for sale. Does someone know when this bar was issued? Clearly the catalog would be after that date. Thanks so much in advance.

IPB Image

Guest Rick Research

Steinhauer & L?ck were selling 1914 EK2s for RM 2.50 in January 1939 so I have a feeling this was either a RETAILER rather than a wholesaler... or they were just nuts on prices.

What other clues are there? Does it have Third Reich awards?

The Hindenburg Cross?

1920s veterans awards?

1918 wound badges?

If they had 1870 EKs-- and the bizarre "Brunswick" variety at that-- the name and address of this company would be of GREAT, yeah, jubilant interest to them boys, you bet-- but NOT 1914s, then sometime between 1907 and 1914

depending on what ELSE is in there.

then sometime between 1907 and 1914

Goodness! Yes I should have given you more info! A retailer for sure. Nothng in it before WW1. Not a lot of medals or helmets. There probably is a big clue I've missed. A reprint of this andthe Neumann catalogs will be out in a few months.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Joe,

I do not see anything that would allow for the catalog to be dated any better than Rick's estimate. There may be something else in the catalog that would be of more help in dating it. However if it is being reprinted then I understand you do not want to give all the info away here for free. I have sent you a PM.

Dan Murphy

Edited by Daniel Murphy

I understand you do not want to give all the info away here for free.

Dan We don't care about the $$$. We are retired and do Ok. Breaking even would be nice but....

There are over 80 pages in this catalog and Neumann is bigger. Too much to post. If I think I found a clue I would gladly share. We do have a thid catalog brewing -- this one on flags from 1895.