News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here is another one of my badges with the BSW? SBW? marking, the Luftwaffe Observers badge. This is a different material than most of my other badges, and I think it is bad, but not 100% sure. The pin and set-up are fairly crude, but maybe a low-quality late-war issue. Any opinions on this one?

THanks,

Pat

and the reverse of the Observer badge. I would appreciate any info on this maker mark (see other LW badge posts for more) and likelihood of originality.

Thanks again,

Pat

Yep, same guy. I actually got almost all of these as one big package deal when I had no idea what these were even worth, so I figured 40-50 bucks each was the going rate. He did say they were original despite what I later learned were extremely cheap prices (which turned out to be expensive repros :angry: ). Needless to say I was suspicious of most of them the more I studied, and that is why I posted them to get a definite answer. I haven't bought off of him in well over a year, so my later purchases have all been 100% aok (like my EKs and member pins etc) so I think I have learned a very important (and pricey) lesson. Unfortunately I have no receipts and it was over 2 years ago, so he is not listening to me about a refund. At least I have an example of a repro in every badge! Thankfully I did not pay close to full value on these, and that is at least small confort. Thanks again,

Pat

Hi Pat,

First off, the BSW firm was not a known maker of Observer Badges. No original Observer has ever surfaced with the known and accepted characteristics of the BSW firm.

Secondly, there was no manufacturer, pre, post, or wartime with the initials "SBW" It was BSW and only BSW. The BSW stands for BRUDER SCHNEIDER WEIN .

If you will, please add these "SBW" badges to the appropriate "FAKE....."sections listed at the top of the this Forum - it may help others in the long run.

ERIC