News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

LATE WW2 RUSSIAN & ROMANIAN SOLDIER PHOTO.

Hallo Gentlemen :beer:

I wish to post images if the front and back of a original WW2 period photo found at the collectors meeting in Deva today.

The front shows two seated soldiers, one Russian, with decorations, the other a Romanian soldier.

To the rear is a hand written inscription in Russian and I would be obliged for a translation if possible.

Thank you,

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Hallo Gentlemen :beer:

I wish to post images if the front and back of a original WW2 period photo found at the collectors meeting in Deva today.

The front shows two seated soldiers, one Russian, with decorations, the other a Romanian soldier.

To the rear is a hand written inscription in Russian and I would be obliged for a translation if possible.

Thank you,

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Guest Rick Research

very scribbly, what I get on first glance is from the line above the horizontal line and down:

"guide him at the front

-----------------------------

against the German

occupiers

Death to the German

occupiers"

and scribbly signature.

They're BOTH Soviet officers-- on the left a Guards Senior Lieutenant (3 starsrank ) with the Order of the Patriotic War, and on the right a Lieutenant (2 stars rank)

It's been trimmed at some point, losing the far right of the lines.

Hallo Ricky :beer:

thanks so much for the translation, I got it today, the reason being, here in Romania I havent seen much evidence of any Russian Militaria, in fact apart from the defeat of Germany medal with old Joe on it can't say I have seen any Russian orders, decorations or order books!!

Kevin in Deva :beer: