News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Covers of a Japanese Close Combat manual

Hauptmann

Hi all,

I hope to get more shots of this little book at some point after I get a scanner. But I wanted to post these in the hopes that someone could translate. I'm hoping it's the name of the original owner

As soon as I can do scans I'll try to see about borrowing the book for a day or so and doing scans. But just in going through it that day it showed combat with small arms, bayonets, swords as well as what appeared to be training for Kendo.

[attachmentid=42895]

[attachmentid=42896]

[attachmentid=42897]

• 2 weeks later...

Dan, the top left is his name..

Kasuo Suzuki

the bottom shot is his name on the side of the book

the other characters are militay terms...the bottom character means army..the top 2 are un-explainable to civilians...so would have to ask an army person...

Cheers

Paul

Thanks to Mamiko for the Translation!

Dan, the top left is his name..

Kasuo Suzuki

the bottom shot is his name on the side of the book

the other characters are militay terms...the bottom character means army..the top 2 are un-explainable to civilians...so would have to ask an army person...

Cheers

Paul

Thanks to Mamiko for the Translation!

Hi Paul,

Many thanks to Mamiko for the translation and you, Paul, for the post. :beer: I deeply appreciate the info. :D Another warrior's name is now known and not lost to time. I will pass this on to the museum, if will be in my report and will now be remembered by all who see the book.

Thank you both sooooo much! :cheers:

Dan