News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Couple Bayonets

Guest Armoor

Guest Armoor

This forum is spectacular. I knew I had to post these pics as soon as I saw this site.

I've had these 2 bayonets fro a while now. Thanks to the most recent post in this thread I think the top bayonet is Japanese, but I have no idea where the second one is from.

IPB Image

IPB Image

You have a couple of nice clean pieces there. Sorry for not catching this earlier. I have one of the french bayonets made into a swagger stick....with a bite. The entire hilt was simply replaced with a two piece aluminum knob and the loop removed from the scabbard. Since the french could technically not modify government property, I believe it was German done. Just the thing for those dark nights when you are walking down the street in an occupied town. :o

Dan Murphy

Guest Armoor

Thanks for info guys. Clean Pieces? :(

I've had these since highschool and I don't remember the lebel having that much rust. I think I had them in the basement for too long and that did it. I even rubbed them with motor oil back then because I heard that would prevent them from rusting - :banger:

Now I just have to find out how to clean them up the right way.

Clean Pieces?

Yes. As in nice condition, not played with, unbuggered. Don't go overboard with the cleaning. Some 0000 steel wool and a good gun oil will work, but leave the wood alone. That will remove the light rust and leave the blueing intact. Some prefer the brass polished, but that is a personal decision.

Dan Murphy

Edited by Daniel Murphy