News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

I was told once what these were but for the life of me I cannot remember... I want to say they were from Wurtemburg but can't swear to it. I just love the cyphers and overall look of these.

[attachmentid=43894][attachmentid=43895]

Dan :cheers:

Don,

Yes, those are W?rttemberg officer's straps, you can tell by the red and black thread. I believe they are for a hauptmann in Grenadier-Regiment K?nig Karl (5. W?rttembergisches) Nr.123.

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for the info. That's another reason I love them... they're for a Hauptman. :rolleyes::D

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Nice Tabs Dan!

Man you are full of surprises...what else will you pull outta the wood work?

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

ROTFL!!!! :P:cheeky::lol: Well, let's just say I try never to be boring. Tons more yet to come. I've always enjoyed show and tell! And I'm a great accumulator as well which helps.

It's like in Patton, where Bradley says "George, I think if you were promoted to Admiral of the Turkish Navy, your aides could dig into their haversacks and come up with the appropriate badge of rank."

I'd like to think that I'm like that... to a point. :cheers:

Dan

Dan,

This is a bit :off topic: but the quote you have below your signature

Herr General, I see now I have notions of honor which are outdated.

Ahh they're not outdated! They're stored. With care and love, for better times.

Where does that come from?

Dan,

This is a bit :off topic: but the quote you have below your signature

Herr General, I see now I have notions of honor which are outdated.

Ahh they're not outdated! They're stored. With care and love, for better times.

Where does that come from?

Hi Mike,

Well, as I see it the subject of "honor" is never :off topic::P:beer:

It's from the film The Blue Max. It is part of the conversation between General Count von Klugermann (James Mason) and Hauptman Otto Heidemann (Karl Michael Vogler) (my avatar by the way, thanks to my lovely and talented wife Kim.) in the General's office. Heidemann took Bruno Stachel (George Peppard) to Berlin for Court Martial, only to find that the General planned to give him the Blue Max. The General was explaining "the facts of life" to Heidemann.

The full quote is actually:

General Count von Klugermann: Take a look outside. See that? Revolution is just beneath the surface! If that happens, everything we stand for will be DESTROYED -- unless the German officer corps stands like a rock, intact! And what is more important, untarnished. I made this Stachel into a national hero for good military reasons. If I court-martial him now, it will reflect on the integrity of the whole officer corps.

Otto Heidemann: Herr General, I see now, I have notions of honor which are outdated.

General Count von Klugermann: Ahh, they're not outdated!

[pause]

General Count von Klugermann: Stored. With care, and love, for better times.

Here's a page of other quotes from the film:

http://indie.imdb.com/title/tt0060177/quotes

Although they missed the one where Stachel tells the Countess that the Blue Max is a piece of scrap metal worth exactly 5 Marks. I love that one! :love:

Anyhow hope this helps. :beer: Methinks it's time to go down in the bunker, dig out the film from the archives and spend a pleasant afternoon in another time and place... :rolleyes:

Dan :cheers:

Edited by Hauptman

• 4 years later...

Hi all,

Posted these ages ago and although I've no intention of selling them I'm wondering if anyone could give me an idea of the value on these shoulder boards?unsure.gif

Many thanks in advancebeer.gif

Dancheers.gif