News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

First style (1935) Panzerjacke

Markings :

Maker : Kurwerke

The sizes are stamped in the usual configuration. However, the upper right size is missing, as often seen on early Panzerjacken (reason unknown).

Depot stamp and date : Erfurt 1935.

Unit stamp : 4 Kompanie / Panzer-Regiment 5.

Inspection and condition of the uniform : state I (= new)

Unfortunately this Panzer jacket is unnamed (as most issue uniforms).

This makes me think that I could start an other thread concerning a nicely worn M38 Panzer side cap with original name/regimental tag still sewn on.

Mark

In the meanwhile I post here the other details of the jacket :

Underside of the collar and lapels. Noticeable is the long vertical tightening sewing line with the two short secondary horizontal lines. Wartime Panzer jackets don?t show such excessive attention for smartness.

Super Panzer wrap ! I don't collect that, but I always really enjoy seeing such beautiful and rare items. I know two others, for privates. One from the PzRgt5 too. Do you also own the beret ?

jacques

I agree Jacques, and even if the second style Panzerjacke has a more impressive look (with the large collar), I still prefer the elegance of the first style Panzer jacket.

Replying to your question about the Panzer beret : no, I don?t own one. The Baskenm?tze is a rare and very interesting piece of headgear ? but most will agree that it isn?t the most esthetic piece of headgear in the German army. I have been offered a few examples but never managed to find a nice untouched and textbook one.

Mark

• 2 months later...
    • 2 months later...

Greetings Mark and fellow Gentlemen!

1st post...so let's see how it goes! (I have so little time I am not quite sure why I am posting anywhere right now! :-)

Thought I might share with you that the 1st pattern was also made with Golden-yellow piping for cavalry or aufkl?rungs. Rediculously rare, and after many years of waiting this arrived yesterday! so i guess I am giving in to the excitement!

IPB Image

It will be shown in my next book which will be out next year and I am just finishing up now on Panzer uniforms. 'B36' depot stamped, factory piping, not retro fitted, and nothing moved, removed, modified or adapted! Just the sewn down shoulder straps removed and slip on brindles instead. The straps have a chain stitched 'S' cypher for 'Schule' and the tunic is marked to 'Kavallerie-Lehr- und Versuchs-Abteilung 2. Panzersp?h-Lehr-Schwadron', a unit created in this new school in 1937.

So there is a brief look at another, I must save the rest for my book. But these are extremely nice, although the wide collar of the 2nd pattern is very pleasing to the eye!

Cheers, Wade K.