News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

POST WW1 EK I KLASSE ?

Hallo Gentlemen, :beer:

unusual variation of the EK First Class 1914 for offer on Ebay Germany:

http://cgi.ebay.de/EK-I-sehr-seltene-Varia...1QQcmdZViewItem

Any thoughts :unsure:

Kevin in Deva :beer:

This is a so called "waffle back" or "pillow back" pinback by AWS. Very very rare! With the "needle pin". If I didn't have one exactly like this one, I would be bidding and salivating all over my keyboard. Well, actually I'm still salivating a little bit. You usually don't see rare (real) stuff like this on E-bay. You can find a picture of mine on MCF in the Imperial section under "Pillow backs"'. Good luck on this one! This would make a great addition to anyone's collection.

Edited by ekhunter

Werner and Sohne, Berlin as Ekhunter states and a spot on example. Always desirable and nicer in the hand than this pic suggests. I love 'em. I had one with a fluted pin once but have not seen another since.

Werner and Sohne, Berlin as Ekhunter states and a spot on example. Always desirable and nicer in the hand than this pic suggests. I love 'em. I had one with a fluted pin once but have not seen another since.

I love these crosses. I have a pillow back AWS with, I think, the pin you are talking about. I'll try to post later.

reverse

I love these pillow-back crosses from AWS. I love the finish and pin on Joe's. Not quite a needle pin, something a little more. Joe, I don't have one like this one, but wish I did, if for any reason you ever want to move it, please don't forget me.

Hallo Gentlemen :beer:

Old and "Dear" Friends, the one that features at the start of the thread finally sold on Ebay for 293.09 Euros

Kevin in Deva :beer:

THat was cheap for that cross! These are almost impossible to find these days. I've seen and handled five in person in 20 years, and I have 3 of them now. Thanks to many of y'all, we now know that several sit in collections out there, and maybe, just maybe, they might come on the market again one day. I've decided to make a video tape for my wife and daughter of my collection with descriptions and prices of each. If, or should I say when something happens to me and if my daughter doesn't give a damn about the crosses, then I guess they would hit the market while I am rolling over in my grave. I know some of those SNAKES, I mean "dear friends"of mine would never come to my house after I am gone and offer my wife well below market value for my crosses. HAA! One of those guys just came to mind. I better hurry up on that video tape! Seriously, I hope some hit the market, maybe some will just get tired of looking at them. Hint; Joe!