News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kripo tag - opinions please

Hi,

do these pictures show the real color of the disc? Also I am concerned about the lettering,esp. the top of the letters "I".In short I don?t like it,but that is just my opinion.

Here is a ground-dug example....[attachmentid=47225]

Here is one in good condition

[attachmentid=47227]

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there,

The metal on the first posted disc is similar to the material of my fake Gestapo tags, with some rough finish and bubbling as well like the first post. Rosenbergs examples are much sharper and made of a much higher quality metal than my repro Gestapo tags or the Kripo tag shown earlier. Unless this tag was made differently then I would have to lean towards copy, but that is my pretty inexperienced opinion based on my own items that have turned out to be copies in my collection. Here is some pics of my repro Gestapo tags for comparison.

Cheers,

Pat

Oh for the days when the fakers made it so easy as Pat's badge. The "M9/86" code at the bottom is a feeble attempt to "tart it up" for the unwary. "M9" is of course the RZM license prefix for tinnies (day and meeting badges) and has no place on a police disk.

Edited by Gold Party Pin Guy

Oh for the days when the fakers made it so easy as Pat's badge. The "M9/86" code at the bottom is a feeble attempt to "tart it up" for the unwary. "M9" is of course the RZM license prefix for tinnies (day and meeting badges) and has no place on a police disk.

I agree with Gold Party Pin Guy. It would be great if all "Gestapo" fake discs were so easy to spot, but that just isn't the case. The excellent counterfeit Gestapo discs, as well as those for the ultra-rare Prussian State Criminal Police, and almost certainly for the Geheime Feld Polizei. are all of much higher quality and far fewer errors. The Prussian State Criminal Police Discs were made in both the correct Neusilber and bronze versions. These discs along with one for the GFP, all appeared in 1994. They were supposedly from Polish Archives....or from a Polish farmer's barn, and appeared in such diverse places as Germany, England, Belgium, and the United States, almost at the same time. They usually sold for $2500, and several were sold to even experienced collectors, before the scam was discovered. One very experienced European collector became the proud owner of TWO of the fake Prussian State Criminal Police discs. He bought one in both the bronze and Neusilber versions. Today they cannot easily be sold at any price.